GE LNESC National Scholarship
The partnership between the General Electric Foundation and the LNESC Scholarship Program is intended to assist and encourage outstanding minority students in completing their college education. The program is directed specifically to disadvantaged minority students with career interests in business or engineering.
About the GE LNESC National Scholarship
The GE LNESC Scholarship Program awards $5,000 scholarships to qualified minority students who are enrolled as business or engineering majors. Applicants must be working towards a bachelor's degree at an accredited US college or university, and must be classified as college sophomores in the fall. The $5,000 awards will be divided into two equal disbursements made on September 15th and January 31st. Scholarship awards are sent directly to the recipient’s college or university and deposited in the recipient’s name. The funds will be allocated toward the payment of tuition and academic fees, and the purchase of required educational materials and books. The school is custodian of the funds and will disburse the award consistent with the purpose of this program.
Who is eligible?
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be considered for a scholarship:
• Must be a minority student pursuing full-time studies leading to a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university in the U.S.
• Must be classified as a college sophomore in the fall semester
• Must have a cumulative college grade point average of at least 3.25 on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
• Must be a business or engineering major
• Must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident
The GE/LNESC scholarship is currently closed.