LULAC National Scholarship Fund
LNESC and LULAC established the LNSF to help youth in underserved communities make the dream of college enrollment a reality. LNSF is a unique partnership between grassroots advocates and corporations to fund educational opportunities for deserving youth across the U.S. Every dollar raised by local LULAC Councils is matched by corporate partners secured by LNESC to increase the amount given in both the council and corporation's name. This model results in a true grassroots/corporate partnership for the empowerment of the Latino community. Former recipients of LNSF scholarships are now leaders in fields of business, science, government, and education.
A rigorous selection process assures the expectation that future recipients will demonstrate the same level of excellence.
Who is eligible?
LNSF Award Criteria: Applicants are eligible for the following 3 types of scholarship awards.
1. National Scholastic Achievement Awards ($2,000)
• GPA of 3.5 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, and if the student is an entering freshman.
• 29 or higher on the ACT test, or 1350 or higher on the SAT test.
2. Honors Awards ($500 to $2,000)
• GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale or equivalent, and if the student is an entering freshman.
• 23 or higher on the ACT test, or 1100 or higher on the SAT test.
3. General Awards ($250 to $1,000)
• Grades and academic performance will serve as indicators of potential; however, an emphasis may be placed on the individuals motivation, sincerity, and community involvement.
2013 LNSF Application
The LULAC National Scholarship Fund is closed until January 2014.
For additional information, please email: email@example.com